Welcome

Welcome to Manopause--one man's experience of mid-life changes and the wild and wacky world of ageing gracefully. Bring your cane and join me here every day for another dose of levity and linament.

Friday, April 6, 2012

Are Men Interesting?

It takes a beer commercial to make a man interesting.  Women, however, understand that the advertising is a lie.  No man is interesting in his own right.  He's got to have help.

Money, for example, is one bonus.

Make no mistake.  If a woman knows a man has money, he becomes 90% more interesting than the man who pays for his lunch with a one dollar bill.  A man who drives a Lexus is far more intriguing than the guy who drives a 1993 Senoma pickup.  And appearance doesn't matter.  A man with money can still look like a mud fence and he's going to get a date on Saturday night.  The looker with the buck in his pocket will be lonely.

Money makes a man interesting.  But so does background.

Background is where a man creates most of his lies . . . and it is amazing to note how many women believe these tales.  I, for one, have always been able to get attention from telling women about the prison break I organized back in 1982.  It was maximum security, my name was Jose Valdez, and with my current name-change and the hundred dollar bill in my pocket, the Feds can't find me.  Women eat this up.  I also tell them that I drive around neighborhoods looking for kittens stranded in trees and how I nearly lost my right eye to a wayward chainsaw.  These stories are usually good for a free Starbucks coffee if I meet a vulnerable barista who's at the end of her shift.

Money. Background.  And yes, women desire that unseen quality called chutzpa.

This is the reason my wife is always telling me, "You are so interesting.  I could listen to your stories all day! Tell me more!" 

Of course, I don't.  Tell her more, I mean.  That's one of the secrets to being a successful male. Always leave them wanting more.  That way, a woman will always wonder:  "Has he really got two hundred dollars in a bank account and is he really Jose Valdez?"

Don't tell too much.  She'll never know.  And you'll be more interesting than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment