Welcome

Welcome to Manopause--one man's experience of mid-life changes and the wild and wacky world of ageing gracefully. Bring your cane and join me here every day for another dose of levity and linament.

Friday, March 23, 2012

The Basketball Blues





Here's one for all the losers who are already out of the running in their office NCAA basketball pool.  Perhaps you've got the basketball blues.






The Basketball Blues

I was on Cloud Nine
Flying high, feelin' fine,
When out of nowhere Cinderella sprang!
They dissed my pool:
This tiny school
Where kids speak in a southern twang!

I never knew
That Weirdo U.
Was even in the class Division One,
But here they sit
On top of it
When I was sure they would be One-And-Done.

They've got a coach
Who spits and smokes
And only earns a smidgen of the pay
That my coach earns
And his interns
Where bigger schools give all their cash away.

I've got the blues
Down to my shoes
And feel my Nike logo melting fast.
My favorite team
Is now a dream
When I was sure this year that they would last.

CHORUS:
I've got the Basketball Blues,
Yes, the Basketball blues . . .
Don't know about you
But I'm feelin' blue

Cause I got the Basketball Blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment