Welcome

Welcome to Manopause--one man's experience of mid-life changes and the wild and wacky world of ageing gracefully. Bring your cane and join me here every day for another dose of levity and linament.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Honey Don't Hurt Me, Please

Despite the appearance of our rough exteriors, men are actually quite vulnerable.  Our insides are mush.  Don't hurt us.  Perhaps I can express it better in verse.



Honey Don't Hurt Me, Please

Most days I look like Samson,
Or work like Hercules,
But I'm weak as a kitten,
So honey, don't hurt me, please!

I've got a weaker libido
Than I did when I was tone,
But now you have the power
And I, no testosterone.

I carried you over the threshold
Back when my back was taught,
But I'm carrying more of your weight now
Than I really think I ought.

My mind was once computer
And I was Socrates
But now if I forget your name
Honey, don't hurt me, please.

And yes I can remember
When I could jump and dunk
But if I tried to do it now
My butt would go kerplunk.

And yes, I wanted children
And I love them heartily,
But now I dream them leaving
So I can care for me.

The years are not so kind
To men and chimpanzees,
Just toss me beer and peanuts,
And honey don't hurt me, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment